The correct handling of personal information is very important to the delivery of our services. To ensure we treat personal information correctly we aim to meet in full the requirements of data protection law. This privacy notice has been produced to explain how we use and process your personal data.
Who we are
We’re Leathermarket Joint Management Board (Leathermarket JMB), one of the UK’s largest tenant management organisations.
Our registered address is:
26 Leathermarket Street
London SE1 3HN
Where we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’, this refers to Leathermarket JMB.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information to enable us to bill and collect service charges and ground rent as defined in the leasehold agreement or transfer for freeholders. We also need this information to enable us to deliver services to your block and estate.
How we use your information
Leathermarket JMB is a resident managed organisation that manages housing services in the blocks and estates you live in.
Who has access to your data?
Leathermarket JMB staff can access your data to enable us to deliver and manage the services we provide
We may share information with your landlord Southwark Council, if there is legitimate reason to do this.
We may need to share your data with other organisations we work with or those who provide services on our behalf. These include
- Housing service contractors (including the buildings insurance provider, major works, repairs and heating contractors)
- IT software providers
- Independent ballot organisers of the five-yearly continuation ballot when residents and homeowners decide whether Leathermarket JMB should continue to deliver housing management services or these should return to Southwark Council
Occasionally your information may be accessed by contracted IT providers. However this will only be for reasons of technical support, and any viewing of the data will be incidental to this.
There are other specific situations where we may be required to disclose information about you, such as:
- where we are required to provide the information by law
- where disclosing the information is required to prevent or detect a crime, including fraud
- where disclosure is in the vital interests of the person concerned
We use your personal data in various areas of work, including:
- Management of homes
- Collection of rents, other sums and receipt of benefits
- Maintenance/repair of homes
- Regulatory purposes
- Legal proceedings
- To meet health and safety requirements of our residents and staff
- Prevention and reduction of crime including fraud
- Equal opportunities monitoring
We will never
We will never sell or pass your details to outside organisations on a commercial or non-commercial basis, other than with organisations we contract to help us deliver housing management services
Your data protection rights
You have these rights in relation to the data we hold to administer your tenancy or lease:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your data
- the right to obtain access to your data
- the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- the right to have personal data erased in specific circumstances
- the right to restrict processing of data in specific circumstances
- the right to object to processing of your data in certain circumstances
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk or calling 0303 123 1113.
If we believe that someone has gained unauthorised access to your data we will inform you.
Accuracy of your information
We endeavor to keep our records up to date. However, if any of your personal details change (e.g. telephone number, contact information), please let us know and we will ensure our systems are corrected.
If you’d like to know more about the information we hold, or the way we use it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , Leathermarket JMB, 26 Leathermarket Street, London SE1 3HN.
More information about data protection law and how it applies to you can be found on www.ico.org.uk