The JMB in conjunction with Southwark Council and the Fire Brigade has undertaken fire risk assessments of all its estates. Based on the assessment reports the JMB has devised a programme of works.
As part of this programme the JMB is due to start work on the following blocks:
• Upgrading of existing front doors to required fire rated doors
• Installing a replacement fire rated intake cupboard door
• Fire stopping between ground floor commercial properties and flats above.
Lawson Estate – Greene, Lyly and Jonson
• Replacement front doors (including side panels), intake cupboard door and pram shed doors
• Re-location of any boiler flues that pass through door side panels.
• Sealing of refuse chute hoppers.
• Fireproofing in ducts between floors.
• Updated signage.