Leathermarket JMB has made a detailed submission to the independent Housing Commission enquiry set up by Southwark Council.
We are asking the Housing Commission to draw on the JMB’s learning to improve the quality of housing services across the borough. We belive tenants and homeowners would see improvements to the quality of their lives (and homes) through:
- More tenant management in Southwark
- Recognising the financial and social pressures on people in the north of the Borough
- Reviewing allocation policy to support community cohesion through greater flexibility
- Providing better planning and services through offering localised ‘self-financing’
- Looking at the possibility of co-operative new build housing to improve the levels of genuinely affordable social rent housing
The Leathermarket JMB submission also references the separate submission made by the Joint Committee of Tenant Management Organisations in Southwark.