Some residents are expressing increased concern about the rise in anti social behaviour taking place on the communal stairs in Symington House.
The problem appears to be with a group of visitors to the block who consume alcohol and sometimes drugs on the communal stairs, usually during the late evening.
The JMB, working in conjunction with local police, are determined to identify and take action against the individuals concerned. Local residents can help by:
- Calling the police on 101 if they see people loitering on the stairs. Call 999 if they see drug taking or incidents of a serious nature.
- Making sure that unfamiliar people do not access the block as they are leaving or entering.
- Making a mental note of anyone they see loitering on the stairs and pass descriptions to the JMB or police
- Report damage or anyone causing damage to the main entrance security doors.
- Telling your neighbours to be on the look out for any suspicious activity in or near the block.
Please do not approach any people who are engaged in anti social behaviour.